· To describe the past and present of the Internet and World Wide Web, identify emerging technologies, discuss Web development tools, learn how to make appropriate tool choices, and convert Office documents into Web pages.
· To allow the students to create their own web pages and to integrate it with the multimedia applications.
· To provide an introduction to the Web development environment in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 and in Microsoft Visual Web Developer Express. Also to guide student through creating a simple ASP.NET Web page and illustrates the basic techniques of creating a new page, adding controls, and writing code.
· To illustrates how to create a master page and several content pages. Master pages allow you to create a page layout — a template page — and then create separate pages containing content that is merged with the master page at run time.
Intended Learning Outcomes:
Successful completion of this course should lead to the following learning outcomes :
- Design web pages using HTML5 tags (static pages).
- Create a simple ASP.NET Web page and illustrates the basic techniques of creating a new page, adding controls, and writing code.
- Teacher: Dr. Mohammad Al Batah